The research in the area financial governance relates to the following research questions
Should financial institution regulation be reformed?
- ‘regulation’ refers to all types of rules and includes both public law, private law and soft law, relates to both rules themselves and their enforcement
- ‘financial institutions’ include banks and credit rating agencies
- this topic may be approached from a prudential/capital requirements perspective
- this topic may be approached from a conduct perspective and include corporate governance, harmonization of conduct supervision, ethics
Should financial transactions regulation be reformed?
- Is a case to be made for/against insolvency carve outs (netting, collateralized transactions)?
- Should shadow banking transactions and institutions be regulated?
What is the impact of financial Europeanization on national systems of law?
- ‘systems of law’ includes legal principles such as party autonomy
- this topic could also be approached from a political science perspective
How to minimize disruptive effects of a financial crisis?
- Includes the law, economics and politics of EU Banking Union